1 Heart Attack, WebMD. October 31, 2019.
Costs of diagnosis and treatment(s) are based on:
2 At the time of application, you answer underwriting questions and select an Initial Diagnosis Benefit amount of $20,000. You have your policy for two years and the Building Benefit grows to $1,000.
AFLAC LUMP SUM CRITICAL ILLNESS INSURANCE - B71000 SERIES
In Arkansas, Policies B71100AR & B7110HAR. In Oklahoma, Policies B71100OK & B7110HOK. In Oregon, Policies B71100OR & B7110HOR. In Pennsylvania, Policies B71100PA & B7110HPA. This is a brief product overview only. Coverage may not be available in all states including but not limited to: ID, NJ, NY & VA. Benefits and/or premiums may vary based on the state and benefit option selected. Riders are available for an additional premium. The policy has limitations, exclusions and pre-existing condition limitations that may affect benefits payable. The policy may contain a waiting period. Refer to the policy for benefit details, definitions, limitations and exclusions. For costs and complete details of the coverage, contact your Aflac insurance agent/producer.
Limitations & Exclusions for the residents of Arizona:
Aflac will not pay benefits for any Loss that is caused by a Preexisting Condition, unless it begins more than 12 months after the Effective Date of coverage. Benefits are payable for only one covered Loss at a time per Covered Person.
Aflac will not pay benefits for any Loss that is diagnosed or treated outside the territorial limits of the United States, its possessions, or the countries of Canada and Mexico.
Aflac will not pay benefits whenever coverage provided by the policy is in violation of any U.S. economic or trade sanctions. If the coverage violates U.S. economic or trade sanctions, such coverage shall be null and void.
For any benefit to be payable, the Onset Date of the Loss must occur on or after the Effective Date of coverage and while coverage is in force. If more than one Loss occurs on the same day, only the highest eligible benefit will be paid.
Aflac will not pay benefits whenever: (1) material facts or circumstances have been concealed or misrepresented in making a claim under the policy; or (2) fraud is committed or attempted in connection with any matter relating to the policy.
Aflac will not pay benefits for Loss due to (1) any bacterial, viral, or microorganism infection or infestation or any condition resulting from insect, arachnid, or other arthropod bites or stings; or (2) an error, mishap, or malpractice during medical, diagnostic, or surgical treatment or procedure.
The policy does not cover Loss caused by or resulting from:
- Using any drug, narcotic, hallucinogen, or chemical substance (unless administered by a Physician and taken according to the Physician's instructions), or voluntarily taking any type of poison or inhaling any type of gas or fumes;
- Participating in, or attempting to participate in, an illegal activity that is defined as a felony ("felony" is as defined by the law of the jurisdiction in which the activity takes place), or being detained in any detention facility or penal institution;
- Being intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any narcotic, unless administered on the advice of a Physician and taken according to the Physician's instructions (the term “intoxicated” refers to that condition as defined by the law of the jurisdiction in which the cause of the Loss occurred);
- Participating in any hazardous activities to include aeronautics (hang-gliding, skydiving, parachuting, ultralight, soaring, ballooning and parasailing); scuba diving; cave exploration; bungee jumping; mountain or rock climbing; or participating in a race, speed, or endurance contest, including practice activities, while operating or as a passenger of an air, land, or water vehicle;
- Intentionally self-inflicting a bodily injury or committing or attempting suicide, while sane or insane;
- Being exposed to war or any act of war, declared or undeclared;
- Actively serving in any of the armed forces or units auxiliary thereto, including the National Guard or Reserve;
- Having cosmetic surgery or other elective procedures that are not Medically Necessary; or
- Having dental treatment except as a result of Injury.
PRE-EXISTING CONDITION LIMITATIONS A “Pre-existing Condition” is an illness, disease, infection, disorder, or Injury for which, within the 12-month period before the Effective Date of coverage, prescription medication was taken or medical testing, medical advice, consultation, or treatment was recommended or received, or for which symptoms existed that would ordinarily cause a prudent person to seek diagnosis, care, or treatment. Benefits for a Loss that is caused by a Pre-existing Condition will not be covered unless the Onset Date is more than 12 months after the Effective Date of coverage.
3 The information provided in the Benefits Estimator is illustrative only. Plans may not be available in all states, and benefits may vary by state, coverage, and plan level selected. Policies have limitations and exclusions that may affect benefits payable. The Aflac payout values do not guarantee an amount to be paid for the listed conditions. Benefits paid by Aflac (if any) will depend on the severity of the accident or illness, the physician diagnosis, and the treatment received. The “Aflac Pays You” data is an average of historical payments made to Aflac policyholders/certificateholders who qualified for benefits under their specific plans and does not reflect instances when benefits were not paid for a particular claim. Whether benefits are payable will be determined when a claim is processed. You must be 18 or older to apply for Aflac insurance. Availability varies by product; see your local Aflac agent for details. The out-of-pocket expenses displayed are estimated at 40% of the total medical cost, assuming that average major medical plans cover approximately 60% of the expense. Your major medical coverage may be more or less, and if an individual or family incurs expenses for non-covered benefits, these out-of-pocket expenses may increase potential unexpected costs. You will also need to pay for any limits or exclusions on your benefits which may include the number of refills for certain drugs, visits to certain specialists, or days covered for certain benefits. View Data Sources to see our underlying sources.
4 Assumes the average cost of a gallon of whole fresh milk is $3.20**. Comparison is based on the average weekly premium for Nebraska Direct Premium rates for industry Class A, Aflac Lump Sum Critical Illness Insurance Series B71000 - Initial Diagnosis Benefit amount: $10,000 - Option 1 - Non Tobacco; Individual aged 18-24. Premiums may vary by coverage type, account, state of issue, and the election of additional/optional benefits.
**Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, June 2020.