Track what’s coming next for benefits.
Lay a firm benefits foundation for your business.
Aflac is your source for the latest information about health care reform. We’re here to help simplify and clarify the coming changes.
Find out what you need to know about health care reform. Health care reform can be complicated; Aflac can help you with the basics.
Be ready for health care reform. We can help you understand what to do to comply with the Affordable Care Act and plan for what’s ahead.
Research findings examine the issues impacting employee benefits trends and attitudes. Leverage these insights for your business.
The changing health care landscape impacts employees and their benefits. Get resources to help your employees take charge of their benefits decisions.
Health Care Reform Timeline
There have been some big changes made to health care and more are on the way.Click the milestones to explore how the changes might affect you.
A majority of small businesses that offer health insurance could see premiums rise, according to a new government report. The report from the actuary for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services estimates that 65% of small firms will likely incur higher premiums this year under Obamacare. This translates into higher costs for 11 million people. However, the remaining 35% of small firms could see a reduction in their premium rates.
It's a simple idea, but a radical one. Let people know in advance how much health care will cost them—and whether they can find a better deal somewhere else. With outrage growing over incomprehensible medical bills and patients facing a higher share of the costs, momentum is building for efforts to do just that.
It's never too early for employers to examine ways they can minimize their exposure to the 40% excise tax slated to take effect in 2018 on so-called Cadillac-style health plans under the Affordable Care Act. The recommendation comes courtesy of Sibson Consulting, whose "2014 First Quarter Issue of Trends" addressed the issue.
One-third of U.S. employers plan to move their workers' health-care coverage to a private exchange in the next few years, a survey found, following the lead of companies like Walgreen Co. seeking to reduce costs. While 95 percent of employers said they would continue to offer health care in the next three to five years, 33 percent may use a private exchange to provide the benefit up from 5 percent currently.
Aflac lets you make robust benefits options available, while helping to protect your budget. Even with health care reform, Aflac continues to be the right choice for your workforce.
Heath Care Reform doesn't cover every hospital expense. Learn how we help fill in the blanks.
Up-to-date benefits and HR insights, results, articles and more.