Some things should be planned well in advance, and among them is deciding which health care benefits your company will make available to workers during open enrollment. Sure, employees’ open enrollment decisions may be months away. But for decision-makers, open enrollment begins early – long before it’s too late to make changes that directly affect the financial well-being of every employee, from the newest hire to the most-tenured executive.
Each year, Aflac conducts the Aflac WorkForces Report, which asks employers, employees and brokers to share their attitudes and opinions about health care benefits. It's clear employees value benefits and their employer’s guidance when it comes to benefits decisions:
Informed by employer and employee preferences and concerns about benefits, this guide will help your company prepare for effective benefits communication during open enrollment season – and throughout the year. The employer’s guide to benefits enrollment includes:
• Answers to tough benefits enrollment questions.
• Time well spent? Employees spend more time on vacation planning than on choosing benefits.
• What is voluntary insurance – and why do employees need it?
• Out-of-pocket costs 101.
• Key changes to tax-free savings accounts for employers.
• Tools to help put your companies’ benefits to work.