The Aflac Duck is one of the most recognizable – and valuable – icons used by any brand in the world. As keepers of that brand, we are responsible for protecting its image. In all efforts – both short-term and long-term, the Aflac Duck will be consistently showcased as a helpmate to humans (not the star himself).
Aflac Duck Do's and Dont's
Aflac Duck personality
The Aflac Duck is a helpmate–a symbol of integrity, compassion and excellence. When using the Aflac Duck, follow these guidelines:
- Stay consistent with the white Aflac Duck used in TV spots.
- Use the Aflac Duck in opportunities for quick brand association.
- Make only positive brand statements.
- Make sure materials are in good taste.
- Review and follow the brand guidelines.
- Do not show the Aflac Duck as a cartoon
- Use the Aflac Duck to say anything other
- Create or wear life-size costumes of the
- Use the Aflac Duck or logo as your avatar (profile picture).
- Make duck references (or use words like "quack" or "waddle") in any materials related to the Aflac Duck.
- Clear messaging
- Approved colors and fonts
- High-resolution images
- White space
- Meets compliance standard
- Copy heavy
- Complex messaging
- Unapproved colors and fonts
- Low-resolution images
- Doesn’t meet compliance standard