Aflac Dental provides benefits for periodic checkups and cleanings, x-rays, fillings, crowns, and much more. Smile. This is going to be quick, easy and painless.
How are benefits paid?
- Aflac Dental does not coordinate with other insurance, and we pay a flat benefit amount. If the policyholder has assigned benefits to you by presenting their ID card and you are filing the claim, benefits will be paid directly to you. Any payment received, exceeding the amount of the bill, should be provided to the patient.
What benefit amount may be payable?
- Please click here to access the benefit amounts payable. You will need to enter the policy number and ADA code for the procedure / treatment received.
Accepting Aflac Dental gives you an advantage:
- No network requirements. You don’t have to join a network of dentists to accept Aflac.
- No precertification requirements. Give your patients the treatment they need without administrative hassles.
- No coordination of benefits. Aflac pays benefits (based on the procedure) regardless of other insurance.
- No deductibles. Policyholders do not have to meet deductibles before benefits are payable.
- Fast claims processing. Aflac processes most insurance claims within 4 days.
What do you need from the policyholder?
- Please ask the Aflac policyholder for their identification card contained within their policy. The ID card will contain the policy number.
- You may submit the claim electronically to Emdeon. Make sure that Aflac’s payor number (58066) is included on each claim submitted. Inquiries regarding software to handle electronic filing should be directed to your state ADA office.
- Submit the typed claim form directly to:
Aflac Worldwide Headquarters
Attention: Claims Department
1932 Wynnton Road
Columbus, GA 31999-7251
- Please call our toll-free number 1-800-99-AFLAC (1-800-992-3522).
- The policyholder’s dental policy number (available on their ID card and enclosed in their policy)
- The policyholder’s complete name as it is printed on their Aflac Dental ID card
- The patient’s full name, sex, date of birth, and relationship to the insured
- The treatment date, specific tooth number, surface or oral cavity area, ADA code and charge for each procedure
- The patient’s Social Security number (to speed up claim processing)
- Dependent children are covered up to age 26.