Voluntary Policies Provide Extra Layer of Coverage and More Flexible, Obtainable Options
COLUMBUS, Ga., March 22, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- As Americans increasingly seek the most sound, reliable financial protection, Aflac (NYSE: AFL), the number one provider of guaranteed-renewable insurance in the United States, today announced enhancements to its life insurance policies. These enhancements provide policyholders with extra benefits and the ability to take their policies with them if they change jobs.
According to a study by LIMRA International ("Every Excuse in the Book," April 2007), 48 million Americans do not have adequate life insurance coverage and believe they should. Responding to the interest of Americans, Aflac has enhanced its life insurance policies to offer additional financial benefits and broader, more inclusive options, such as higher policy amounts and an extended issue age.
"Millions of families do not have adequate coverage and don't seek it out simply because they haven't gotten around to it or don't understand the product designs," said Karen Riedel, second vice president of Product Marketing at Aflac. "In the face of a new economy with limited job security and mounting financial burdens, Aflac life insurance policies are available to fit most budgets."
Specific enhancements and changes include the following:
- Increased/Higher Policy Face Amount- Aflac now offers coverage of up to $250,000 of whole, 10-year term, 20-year term and 30-year term life products for policyholders between the ages of 18 and 50.
- Matching Life Insurance Spouse Rider- Spouse rider term lengths have been extended to match the length of the primary policyholder's term, as long as the spouse meets the issue age requirement.
- Extended Issue Age- Whole and 10-year term life insurance policies with face amounts of up to $100,000 have been extended to age 70.
- Term Life With Return of Premium Policy Offers Cash Value- To meet new regulatory requirements, slight changes have been made to the new term life with return of premium policy, which is only available to nonsmokers through payroll deduction. Aflac has added new benefits such as cash value, which begins accumulating as early as three years into the policy.
- Portability- Even if policyholders change jobs or retire, they can take their life insurance policies with them, with no increase in premiums.
"Combined with Aflac's continued financial strength, these improvements to the life insurance plans are one small piece of Aflac's overall commitment to helping advance the peace of mind of our policyholders when it's needed most," continued Riedel.
When a policyholder gets sick or hurt, Aflac pays cash benefits fast. For 55 years, Aflac insurance policies have given policyholders the opportunity to focus on recovery, not financial stress. In the United States, Aflac is the number one provider of guaranteed-renewable insurance. In Japan, Aflac is the number one insurance company in terms of individual insurance policies in force. Aflac insurance products provide protection to more than 50 million people worldwide. Aflac has been recognized by Ethisphere magazine as one of the Worlds Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years and was also named by the Reputation Institute as the Most Reputable Company in the Global Insurance Industry for two consecutive years. In 2010, Fortune magazine recognized Aflac as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for the twelfth consecutive year. Fortune magazine also ranked Aflac No. 1 on its global list of the Most Admired Companies in the Life and Health Insurance category. Aflac was also named by Forbes magazine as America's Best-Managed Company in the Insurance category. Aflac Incorporated is a Fortune 500 company listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AFL. To find out more about Aflac, visit aflac.com.
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20090422/CL03654LOGO )
Suzanne Hallberg / Amanda Kiely
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org